Payment can be made by check, cash, or credit card.
I am an out-of-network provider. I do not participate in any insurance plans. If you have an in-network only or HMO plan, you will not be reimbursed for sessions. However, many plans do reimburse a portion of the fee for out-of-network mental health services. To find out what your plan allows call the telephone number for Behavioral Health on the back of your insurance card.
Each month I will give you a statement that you can submit to your insurance for reimbursement. I will help you if needed to navigate communication with your insurance company.
Please note that I have a 24 hour cancellation policy.
Here are some questions to ask the Behavioral Health division of your insurance plan:
- May I see an out-of-network mental health provider? If yes, then ask the following:
- Do I need a pre-authorization from the insurance company or my primary care provider in advance?
- What is my deductible, and have I met it yet?
- How many mental health sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network mental health provider?
- How do I receive reimbursement for therapy with an out-of-network provider?
- What is the coverage amount per session?
If you are a new patient, please read and keep on file my Office Policies and Notices of Privacy Practices. Please download, sign, and bring to your first session the Informed Consent/Acknowledgment Form and Credit Card Authorization Form.